A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

November 9, 2011

Tenchou's journal #6- Where to start?


Let's just say I had quite a week, in a good way. As you can see above, I got my copy of Fate/Extra for the PSP. At the bottom of this post will be more pictures I took of the Limited Edition, which by the way is really well-done considering the embarrassment of a limited edition Akysys had for Agarest Zero.

Here's the line-up for this week's journal:
1. The awesome concert I went to.
2. The awesome new CD the person I saw just released.
2. The awesome beta I got into.
3. Update on my novel, REAPER'S FAREWELL.
4. Anime One-Liners.
5. Fate/Extra

To start of, the highlight of the week definitely belongs to the concert I saw two days ago, in Massey Hall - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. Noel opted to go solo not long after Oasis broke up, but songs were only released about four months ago. I have never had the chance to see Oasis before they broke up, so this was a great chance to see some of the classic stuff I always wanted to see. Of course, their new CD is incredible, but seeing Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger (my favorite Oasis song), Half the World Away and Little by Little was overwhelming. The small Massey Hall venue also made this concert such a blast. On a side note, the opening band, The Hours, was also decent...should check them out if British Rock is up your alley.


Of course, I can't talk about NGHFB without talking about the new Album. I'm not quite sure if his new solo project is called Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, or his new album is called High Flying Birds, so maybe some readers out there can clue me in on this. Anyways, I listened to the new tracks religiously before and after the concert; the conclusion I made was: Better than RHCP's new one, but not as good as Foo Fighters, and very Oasis-like, much more so than Beady Eye. Most of the tracks are melodic, mellow like the older Oasis stuff, but also got some upbeat tracks to complete the rest of the album. There are quite a lot of good songs on it, so I would definitely suggesting buying it. By the way my favorite song on it is Death of You and Me

So...since I'm bounded by the dreaded NDA, I cannot disclose what beta I got into. All I can say is...it's got a heavy influence on Gundam, and it's not the mecha part of it.

As for my novel, now renamed REAPER'S FAREWELL, the progress is pretty good as you can see from the sidebar. I would like to get things going quicker but you can't rush creativity...and lazy people.


Onto this week's Anime one-liner, I have started watching IdolM@aster as well:


Boku wa Tomodoachi Ga Sukunai- Lolis are going to take over Japan soon, take my word for it.

Guilty Crown- I wish a girl that moe would bust into a prison to save my sorry ass too.

The Idolm@aster- This is why you stick to source material, because mecha idol group doesn't work unless it's name Macross. The last Idolm@aster anime never happened.

Working!!- Yamada is getting really annoying, I wish to vote her off the show.

Bento- They managed to snuck plot into all the fist-throwing and fan-service, how do they do it?


Finally, just like I promised, here is the rest of the pictures from the awesome Fate/Extra Limited Edition! It came with this little booklet called Fate/the Facts for pre-ordering, I have yet to read it but it seems pretty solid. As a Fate fan, I am a satisfied customer.
Lovely hardcover for CD and artbook

Back of the hardcover package

Inside

Get your own caption, working with only one hand here

Pre-order bonus booklet
Wall-o-text inside~

No comments: