A relaxing corner-shop in the mist of the ever-busy internet

July 25, 2012

Tenchou's Journal #?? What are we on again?

What? What happened? It seems as though I have traveled five months into the future...

Let's just say a shit ton of things happened, but nothing relevant to blogging at all. That said, I think it's time for me to get back to what I do best- typing up a storm about nothing!

Aside from the 1.5 months I spent dreading life as accountant thanks to tax season, a lot of random stuff happened here and there, and of course, TERA Online happened. So free time has been reduced to zero everyday of the week. It kinda sucks, as the stack of unplayed games beside my PS3 seems to grow every month without fail, with no prospect of anyone clearing them anytime soon. (-_-)

Now...where do i start...

My lovely Warrior
Of course, the first thing I have to address is TERA. It's been the biggest free time devouring activity since it was released! After joining my old clan Team Uprising, I've done quite a bit of PvP with my Mystic. The gameplay, as discussed in my review before, is fundamentally good. However, the endgame is complete crap, which leads to a lack of things to do @ endgame, kinda like SWTOR. The good thing is we can still PvP without the shitty objective-based bg. My guildies and I have recorded some of our fights so far, so feel free to check it out @ TeraTako and subscribe if you like what you see!

And my loli-mystic marveling at how one can be so...fabulous
Of course, with QoA2 (next patch) coming soon, we can finally see some more content inside the game, let's just hope it gets here before everyone bores to death.

With that said, if you are on the PvP servers and looking for a dedicated PvP guild, head over to our website and apply!

Aside from TERA, I have been rather active in trying to catch up on anime as well. Fate/Zero being one of the better ones I saw over these months. Now, I've been a huge Fate fan since the original Fate/Stay Night anime. The anime sucked, but I didn't know that then. I thought it was great, the concept, the story, the adorable Saber. So I went and read up, and read up, and read up on everything Fate. I was a fan of Typemoon back then thanks to Tsukihime, but Fate was what turned me into a full-fledged fanboi. Of course someone like me would never miss the prequel anime to the original story.

Let me just say this right now, F/Z was great. It was everything I imagined and then some. I never read the light novel as my Japanese is terrible, but I was really looking forward to this. I was definitely not disappointed: from the fight scenes, to the story, characters and ending, almost everything clicked. Most of the characters were memorable, their individual stories engaging, and of course, it was nice to see Seiba kicking ass again.

Of course, since it was adapted from a novel there are some slow scenes and what not, and a lot of explanations tossed in every episodes, but I feel the Studio did a great job at handling the source, because to me, every episode was entertaining, and that is what mattered the most.

On a side note, the BR will be released in September, and it contains the extended edition of episode 23, where they basically cut the entire battle between Saber and Berserker out.


Of course, talking about novel to anime I have to talk about one of the best web novel ever to be adapted into an anime- Sword Art Online. To be honest, I was skeptical. The premise at first glance was very similar to things we have seen in the past. Anime like .Hack, movies like Matrix, novels like Otherworld has done this kind of stories before. My suspicion only grew after a mediocre first episode. That however, changed quickly with a pretty entertaining second episode, enough to make me want to read the light novel. And being the story-junkie, I did. Day after day I became addicted to reading SAO, through the SAO arc, the ALO arc, the GGO arc, the Rosario arc, the sidestories, then finally, the UW arc.

See, before I started reading, you can clearly see each arc's beginning to end since the volumes are labelled as such. I knew Alicization (UW Arc) was the final arc and since two volumes of it was out, I figured the third would end the entire story and waiting for a bit after finishing what has been released would be fine. Little did I know...I was completely wrong. I found out today that UW arc, in its entirety, will be no less than six volumes. SIX VOLUMES. Reki Kawahara-sensei releases about two books per year for SAO, meaning for the story to finish it'll take at least two more years! I definitely regret starting the last arc now...and knowing there's nothing I could do but wait bugs the hell out of me. Still, if you have not yet read the light novel, do so up till the Alicization arc, because I'm not a huge reader, but I loved every word of the story.

Surprisingly though, the second most time consuming activity was not anime, but one that has been going for a long long time. If you have been following Tenchou's blog at all you'll know that I've been querying agencies with my novel- REAPER'S FAREWELL for quite some time now. I've yet to get past the "Partial Request" stage (only 1 so far) but that won't discourage me. I know this story is damn good, and I won't give up until it is published. Look forward to it!

Thanks to RC again for the screencaps, until next time readers, stay classy!





No comments: